Friday, July 9, 2010

SHAB-E-MERAAJ

The miracle of the Prophet's night journey from Mecca to Jerusalem, and the Heavenly Ascent





Allah Subhana va taala  says, "Exalted is He who carried His worshiper (Prophet Muhammad) to travel in the night from the Sacred Mosque (Mecca) to the Furthest Mosque (Jerusalem) which We have blessed around it so that We might show him some of Our signs. He is the Hearer, the Seer." 17:1(Quran shareef)

And, "By the star when it plunges, your companion is neither astray, neither errs, nor does he speak out of desire. Indeed, it is not except a Revelation which is revealed, taught by One who is Stern in power. Of might, he stood firm while he was in the highest horizon; then he drew near, and became close he was but two bows' length or even nearer, so (Allah) revealed to His worshiper (Gabriel) that which he revealed (to Prophet Muhammad). His heart did not lie of what he saw. What, will you dispute with him about what he sees! Indeed, he saw him in another descent at the Lote Tree (Sidrat tree) of the Ending close to the Garden of Refuge. When there comes to the Lote Tree, that which comes his eyes did not swerve, nor did they stray for indeed he saw one of the greatest signs of his Lord." 53:1-18 (Quran shareef)

Malik's son Anas radiallahu taala anh tells us that he was told by the Messenger of Allah, praise and peace be upon him, "Burack was brought to me. It was a white animal, somewhat taller than a donkey, yet smaller than a mule. Its step extended a distance that equaled the range of its vision. I mounted and rode it until I was brought to Jerusalem. I tied it to the ring that the prophets used and thereafter entered the mosque where I prayed two units of prayer.

When I came out,Gabriel Alaihissalam brought me two vessels, one of milk and the other of wine. I chose the one containing milk and Gabriel said, 'You have chosen the upright nature.'

Then he ascended with me to the first heaven and asked for it to be opened and a voice asked, 'Who is it?' He replied, 'Gabriel'. Then the voice asked, 'Who is with you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad Alaihissalam'. The voice inquired, 'Was he sent for?' and he answered, ' He was sent for', whereupon the door was opened for us and I found Adam Alaihissalam who welcomed me and supplicated for me. Then we ascended to the second heaven and Gabriel asked for it to be opened, and a
voice inquired, 'Who is it?' and he replied, 'Gabriel' and the voice asked 'Who is with you?' To which he replied, 'Muhammad Alaihissalam' . It was asked, 'Was he sent for?' and he answered, 'He was.' And the door was opened for us, and there I found my cousins, Jesus Alaihissalam, Mary's son and John Alaihissalam, Zachariah's Alaihissalam son. They welcomed me and supplicated for me. Then we ascended to the third heaven and the same thing happened and the door was opened for me and I met Joseph, he had been given half of all the beauty, and he too welcomed me and supplicated for me. Then we ascended to the fourth heaven and the same thing occurred. There I found Idris Alaihissalam  and he welcomed me and supplicated for me. (Of Idris) Allah says, "Idris, he too was of the truth and a Prophet." 19:56. Thereafter, we ascended to the fifth heaven and the same occurred. Aaron Alaihissalam  was there and he welcomed and supplicated for me. Then, we ascended to the sixth heaven, and the same thing occurred, and there I found Moses Alaihissalam who welcomed and supplicated for me. Thereafter we ascended to the seventh heaven and the same thing occurred and I found Abraham Alaihissalam leaning against the "Bayt Al Ma'mur (the Crowded House) pilgrimaged by seventy thousand angels in the heavens who enter but do not emerge until the Day of Judgement.

Then he took me to the Lote Tree of the Ending, its leaves are like the ears of elephants and its fruits are like earthenware vessels. When a command from Allah covers it, that which is covered is transformed in a way that no creature is capable to describe on account of its absolute beauty. 

Then, Allah revealed to me what He revealed and He obligated to me fifty prayers during each   day withits night. Then I descended to Moses who advised me saying, 'Go back to your Lord and ask Him to lighten it, your nation will never be able to do that. I tested the Children of Israel and know from experience.' So I went back to my Lord and requested, 'My Lord, lighten it for my nation.' So He reduced it by five, and I returned to Moses and told him, 'He reduced it by five for me.' Moses said, 'Your nation will not be able to do that, go back again and asked Him to lighten
it.' I kept going and coming between my Lord and Moses Alaihissalam  until Allah Subhana va taala
  said, 'Muhammad, they are five prayers throughout each day with its night. Each prayer counts as ten, equivalent to fifty prayers. Whosoever intends to do something good, but does not do it, a good action will be written for him. If he does it, ten will be written for him. Whosoever intends to do something bad and does not do it – nothing will be written against him. If he does it, then one bad action will be recorded.' Then I returned to Moses and told him and he said, 'Go back to your Lord and ask Him to lighten it.' Whereupon I said: I have gone back to my Lord so often that I am shy before Him."

Another hadeeth says: AllahSubhana va taala    told him, "Ask," and Prophet Muhammad ,Alaihissalam praise and peace be upon him,replied, "You took Abraham Alaihissalam  to be a close friend and You gave him and immense kingdom. You spoke directly to Moses Alaihissalam and gave David Alaihissalam  an immense kingdom and made iron malleable for him, and You subjected the mountains to him. To Solomon Alaihissalam, You gave an immense kingdom and subjugated men, jinn and satans to him, and the winds and gave to him a kingdom the like of which no one after him would have. To Jesus Alaihissalam You taught the Torah and the Gospel
and permitted him to heal the blind and the leper. You protected him and his mother from the accursed satan so that he would find no way against them." Allah then said to him, "I have taken you as a close friend and a beloved. In the Torah it is written, 'Muhammad is the Beloved of the Merciful'. I have sent you to all people and made your nation such that none will be permitted to speak until they have all testified that you are My Worshiper and My Messenger. I made you to be the first of the prophets to be created and the last to be sent. I have given you the seven dual verses (Mathani), and I did not give them to any prophet before you. To you I have given the seals of the "Cow" chapter from the treasure under My Throne, and these I did not given to any prophet before you. I have made you an opener and a seal."


In another version it reads, "The Messenger of Allah was given three things. He was given the five prayers, the seals of the "Cow" chapter, and the pardoning for the major sins of his nation for each of his nation who did not associate anything with Allah." Allah says, "His heart did not lie of what he saw." 53:11. 






Taken from
"Ash-Shifa" by Qazi Eyad Rahmatullah alaih










Special prayers were conducted at Darga-e-Gaffaria on the eve of Shabe-meraaj. At around 9 pm clock Ishan prayer was conducted. Later Syedi Dastagir sha kha dri informed the participants to perform 30 rakat nafl namaaz. People were also asked to keep fasting the next morning. After the culmintaion of Nafl namaaz Aethale Thawaab was practiced on Prophet Muhammed alaihissalam and sweets were distributed. 

Later all the people entered the shrine DARGA-E-GAFFARIA where a very huge Rose chadar or Gulaab ka chaadar (5x6 feet, 70kg of weight, around 4000 roses were used) was offered to Bade Dada peer followed by other sufi saints. Beutiful salaat "Ya nabi salaam alaika " was rendered followed by fateha programme.  All the inhabitants were distributed flowers for presenting to sufi saints. Later milk was also distributed.

Indeed the Shabe-meeraaj was conducted with atmost spiritual discipline.

May Allah subhana va taala forgive and bless us all Through the mercy of Merciful Sahabe Meeraaj MUHAMMED alaihissalam. AAMEEN 




11 comments:

Unknown said...

After along i want to know what happen in Shabe -Mehraz but i could not,with the blessing(sadkha)of ASTANE-GAFFARIA i came to know the truth .I am too lucky that i am one of the Gulam of ASTANE-GAFFARIA. now once again it proves that i am disiple of SHAIKUL MASHAIK ZAHIRUDDIN SHA KHADIRI.
GULAME GAFFARIA

faizul said...

ALHAMDU LIALLAH saheb duva karo malik

faizul said...

ALHAMDU LIALLAH saheb duva karo malik

rehana said...

assalamalikum
subhanillahi wa bihamdihi subhanilahil azim, shukriya

Darga-e-Gaffaria qadiria, Kamalapuram, Kadapa, A.P, India-516289 said...

Shukria for the comments.
expecting more.
did not expect comment from rehana didi. hope we are blessed.
thanks dastagir saheb.
thanks altaf hussain

Sandeep said...

Nice to know the stages existing between man and god. I believe a shishya has to go thru the stages as part of journey in spirituality. I am pleased to know.

Shaik Irfan Ahamed said...

BEAUTIFULL BHAYYA

kmahammadrafi said...

Assalamualikum
what a beautiful roses are blessed by allahsubahanvatala to bloome at darbar-e-GAFFARIYA
mashaallah
shukriya saheb

Darga-e-Gaffaria qadiria, Kamalapuram, Kadapa, A.P, India-516289 said...

Thanks all for the comments.

sandeep comment raises deep spirituality. well said brother.

ZiauddinShaik said...

Assalamaleikum Saheb,

I am very lucky & happy to know details about Shab-E-Mehraz. Thank you very much for guiding us.Rose flowers chadar picture is very very attractive.Roses are very lucky.

Allahhafiz,
Zia.

moulana said...

ASSALAMUALIKUM WA RAHAMATHULLAHI WA BARAKATAHU SHAB-E-MERAAJ AAP SAK KO MUBARAK HO.THESE ARE THE BEATIFUL DALEEL AND HADITH TO THE BELIEVERS OF ALLAH.WHEN I SAW THE PICTURES IN BLOG FIRST OF ALL I THOUGHT THAT IF I SHOULD ALSO BECOME THE PETAL OF THAT BEATIFUL ROSE ON THE FEETS OF BADE PEER I WILL MOST SUCCESSFULL MAN IN THE WHOLE WORLD.EVEN IF I BECOME THE DROP OF WATER ON THAT PETAL MY LIFE IS SUCCESS IN BOTH JISM(BODY) AND ROOH(SPIRITUAL)
THANKS AND SHUKRIYA FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AND MATERIAL FROM GHULAMANE GHULAM OF SHAIKUL MASHAIQ HAJI ZAHIRUDDIN SHA KHADRI

Search in Holy Quran Shareef

Search in the Quran
Search:
Download | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com

Search Hadeeth shareef

Search in the Hadith
Search: in
Download Islamic Softwares FREE | Free Code
www.SearchTruth.com

English to Arabic to English Dictionary

English to Arabic to English Dictionary
Find word:
Exact Word / Starting Word Sub Word
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
www.SearchTruth.com